Google Pay (earlier named Tez) has recently turned out the ability to book train tickets in India direct from the app; this service is available on both iOS and Android. The money will be deducted straight from your bank account so that you won’t require any additional apps for train booking.
Make sure that you have a working IRCTC (Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation) account. If you don’t, you can create one during the booking process.
To book a train ticket with Google Pay, follow these steps:
- Open the Google Pay app.
- In the Business section, tap the Trains chat head. You can also search for ‘trains’ under the New section.
- Tap New ticket. Search for trains by origin, destination and date of travel. A list of available trains appears.
- Find a train that you’d like to book, then tap Check availability.
- Confirm that the stations are correct, then tap OK.
- Enter your IRCTC user ID. If you don’t have an IRCTC account, tap Create account. Follow the instructions to create a user ID.
- Enter your passenger and contact information. If you plan to travel with other people or infants (children aged 5 and below), enter their information too and tap Continue
- Confirm your booking information, including the fare breakdown then continue to the next step.
- Select a payment method, then tap Proceed to pay.
- Enter your UPI PIN. After your PIN is confirmed, you’re taken to the IRCTC website.
- Enter your IRCTC password and the CAPTCHA.
- Tap Submit. A confirmation screen appears.
Google Pay has added features to even cancel the ticket or check train status directly from the app.