Belly fat could lead to several health issues like diabetes, hypertension, heart disease, sleep apnea and even certain types of cancer. Dietary changes and intense workouts could help melt belly fat really fast. Read on!
Is that stubborn belly fat giving you a hard time? Belly fat can be problematic for many and very dangerous for your overall health. It could lead to several health issues like diabetes, hypertension, heart disease, sleep apnea and even certain types of cancer. Visceral fat in the midsection accounts for many belly fat issues, and effective measures should be taken to melt belly fat. Visceral fat is a deep belly fat, stored further under the skin. It actually wraps itself around the vital organs including the kidneys and liver. Thus, getting rid of belly fat is extremely essential for a healthier and happier life.
These simple tips could help you get rid of belly fat quickly
- Fiber is automatically linked to reducing belly fat. Soluble fiber may help you lose weight by promoting fullness and thereby reducing the intake of calories. You must try to include plenty of high-fiber foods in your weight-loss diet. For instance, fruits and vegetables are an excellent source of fiber
- Excessive alcohol intake has also been associated with increased belly fat. If you need to slim down your waistline, you must drink alcohol in moderation or completely avoid it
- Excessive intake of sugar is a major cause of belly fat. Therefore, limit your intake of candies, pastries, cakes, chocolates and other processed foods high in added sugar
- Regular physical exercise is extremely important to get rid of that belly fat. Include some exercise in your diet like aerobics, zumba, weight training, swimming, cycling, yoga or running
- A high intake of refined carbs is also linked with excessive belly fat. Consider reducing your carb intake or replace refined carbs in your diet with healthy carbohydrates. You can include whole grains, legumes or vegetables in your diet but eliminate white rice, flour, white bread and white pasta from your diet
- Try replacing the cooking oil with some healthy oils. For example, coconut oil instead of other cooking oils may help reduce belly fat quickly
- Avoiding all forms of liquid sugar, such as sugar-sweetened beverages and canned juices. These are extremely high in sugar and excluding them will help shed extra kilos really fast
- Regularly drinking green tea has been linked to weight loss as it can help in better metabolism
- High protein diet is also linked to high satiety levels. It will control your appetite and therefore, you would not overeat in the next meal. Foods rich in protein are fish, lean meat, eggs, dairy products, soya products, cheese and beans. These are ideal if you are trying to shed some extra pounds around your waist.
- Stress may lead to fat gain around your waist. Minimizing stress should be one of your priorities if want to get rid of belly fat. Yoga and meditation could help manage your stress levels
- Sleep deprivation is also linked to an increased risk of weight gain. Whenever, you are sleep-deprived you always look for comfort food. Therefore, getting enough high-quality sleep could easily help you get rid of belly fat
Disclaimer: This content including advice provides generic information only. It is in no way a substitute for qualified medical opinion. Always consult a specialist or your own doctor for more information. NDTV does not claim responsibility for this information.